[NAFEX] Partial Treas. report NAFEX 2005 & 2006

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 08:49:37 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/16/2008 7:54:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
regina at kreger.net writes:

> Question: What kinds of expenses does Nafex have?  Production of Pomona, web
> hosting, any others?  What are they?

For some reason I didn't see the treasurers report in Pomona for 2005 & 2006.

Here is a part of the report made at the 2007 annual meeting by our
treasurer, John deReeder.

Year                                                                    2005
           2006
Pomona, printing, postage, editors' honoraria  $19,344.12    $19,072.73
Honoraria other then Pomona                             5,699.50
5150.00
Non-Pomona postage and printing                      1,524.53          909.90
Web site
63.00            99.90
Fees, Misc.                                                            217.29
         500.00
                                             Totals
$26,848.44    $25,723.53

Gross Revenues                                               $23,804.93
$31,542.32

Years' decline or increase                                  ($3,043.51)
+$5,809.79

Revenues increased and black ink was posted for 2006 after the board voted to
increase memberships from $13.00/year to $19.00/year. For several years the
NAFEX financial reserves covered the shortfall. Our web masters donate their
time.

Under discussion now by the Research Committee is proposing to establish a
NAFEX foundation for research grants. At last summers annual meeting the
membership body showed great interest in such. It is the goal of the committee to
present to the membership at next years' annual meeting, their plans for
modification and/or approval.  The committee also plans to have their proposal written
as an article in the next Pomona.

Jerry

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.