[NAFEX] grape callusing

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri Feb 15 23:32:27 EST 2008

Mark, every spring when I prune my canadice grape I put a few one foot long
lengths of vine into two small vases on my kitchen windowsill.  I've done
this for about 5 years now, and I think 100% of them have sprouted leaves
above the waterline, and grown callus and then roots below the waterline.

Maybe canadice is just especially easy to root.  I've never tried any other
grape.  But that's my suggestion - put it in a vase and wait for roots.
___
Ginda

eastern mass, zone 6