[NAFEX] Membership

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Feb 14 23:15:21 EST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 10:04 PM, mangodance wrote:

> 	cevanko at civconinc dot  com wrote:

>> .  Lets make Pomona available to
>> some or all of the following: Libraries, Horticulture schools,
>> Extension
>> services and others to what we can afford.  If we use our asset just
>> like
>> NewsWeek, or Time, which are free to read in any library in the US.
>> Do
>> all the people who subscribe to Time feel cheated because the
>> libraries
>> just leave it out where anyone can read it?
>
> Libraries purchase most of their periodicals.

My local library purchases some, but carries others that are donated
(sometimes after the original subscriber has read them). Most of the
donated ones are periodicals that they wouldn't carry if the library
had to purchase them, as their budget is very tight; but if they think
it's likely to be of interest, they're happy to put donated issues on
the shelves.

This may vary by area, but it's worth checking. I like to keep my NAFEX
copies; otherwise I'd bring them to the library.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly