[NAFEX] Rootstock Heights

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Thu Feb 14 23:07:08 EST 2008

> Is there a website or catalog that lists how tall fruit trees grow on
> various rootstocks?

Which fruit? Adams Co. Nursery has some neat little pictures that show
how tall their apple trees should get on different rootstocks. I think
it depends on your particular conditions, though.

http://www.acnursery.com/rootstock.php

And Cornell University has some apple rootstock factsheets. These are
described by 'size class,' which translates to the relative percentage
size compared to growing the tree on its own roots.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/breeders/appleroots/Factsheets/FSAccess.htm

I don't know of a site that covers rootstocks of all types of fruit
trees, but that's not saying much. There's probably one out there
somewhere. And many, if not most, nurseries have at least *some*
information on the rootstocks of trees they sell.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
We are not standing on the brink of recession due to forces beyond our
control. The fallout from the housing crisis that's cost jobs and wiped