[NAFEX] membership-archives

Mark & Helen Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Thu Feb 14 14:34:46 EST 2008

It was mentioned the Nafex archives help increase membership.  Just wanted to point out that Google only has the "old" archives.  In other words, Google only searches the archives from May 2000 to March 2002, nothing more recent.  I wonder why we only offer "some" of the archives available (without registering with ibiblio).  It would make sense to me to make all the archives Googleable.  I like the idea of joining the forum for free (as it is now) and offering the publication Pomona (whether print or virtual format) for paying members.

Also it seems a lot of people think membership/renewal signup should be easier.  This is the age of convenience and those businesses/organizations that don't offer it will suffer.  Paypal is extremely convenient and offers a higher level of security than a credit card (I much prefer to pay with Paypal than a credit card).  Paypal is also easy to set up.  I have a seller's Paypal account and it takes a few minutes online to open it.

Mark
KS