[NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

S & E Hills ehills7408 at wowway.com
Thu Feb 14 09:17:42 EST 2008

I like the idea of different levels of membership where a reader could
access recent discussions, but not the archives.  Or where conversely
material over one year old could be accessed, but not the more recent stuff
(which would crimp a non-member being able to get all their questions
answered, thus giving them an immediate personal reason for wanting to
join).  I'm pretty neutral on the Pomona issue (I would prefer to retain
paper copies, but I also see the ease which being able to search for a topic
that an electronic version would give).

Where I wanted to put my 2 cents in was on an issue we have discussed
previously, the idea of simplifying joining or renewing a membership. Being
able to do this directly online (through Paypal or directly by credit card)
would encourage participants in NAFEX.  I knew about NAFEX for over a year
before joining (and I didn't know one could join the mail list without
having been a member) but the hassle of printing out a form, filling it out,
making out a check and then mailing out the whole thing was just too much
bother when I was looking for the answer to why my pawpaws (or whatever)
were doing whatever was causing me to go searching.  I wanted immediate
gratification and the feeling that I was addressing the problem I was trying
to solve at that moment.  Also I'm looking at Fall 08 as being the end of my
current membership, do I need to go through the whole process (form, check
mail) again to renew..As of right now it seems as though I do.

Scott Hills

Saint Clair Shores, Mi

Zone 6b

  _____