[NAFEX] Cavil Crymskiy Apple

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Wed Feb 13 20:12:06 EST 2008

A 14:06 08.02.13 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>Have any of you heard of the Cavil Crymskiy apple from the Former Soviet
Union?  I made a typo in a scionwood request from the Geneva Germplasm
repository so now I have the wood and I am trying to decide if it is worth
grafting.  I didn't see anything on the sites I usually look for variety
info, including Brogdale.  There is certainly some possibility that it may
be transliterated several different ways.  If anyone knows anything please
let me know.

>Martha

In Apples of N.Y., vol.2, p.22,  there is a Blushed Calville that has as a
synonym "Calville Krasmui", origin Russia - could it be the same?
Personnally, I have some doubts... The name sounds rather like a Calville
type of apple that would be from Crimea on Black Sea.

Claude