[NAFEX] Electronic Pomonas

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 15:16:51 EST 2008

Hi Barry,

Five minutes after I sent this you e/m came.

Here is want Nate, Martha, Robert I & started discussing. We should bring you
into the conversation also.

Nate wrote and I insereted in blue.

>  Of the other suggestions, I think we do need to have an online version for
> people abroad who want to join but think the subscription price per year is
> too high.  I would be easy to put Pomona into pdf, and mail it to the Mulla
> Omar, for example, who has paid a 5 or 10$ a year subscription.  The problem
> would be how to prevent the Mulla from then sending it to all the people in
> his village for free, or back to the United States or Canada at a cut rate to
> people who want it here.  Essentially, that is what is done in China with CDs.
> I share the same concern. How long would it be before we found out if such
> were going on? We could try it and if that became a problem simply cancel that
> member's membership (then another might take his place) or even the program
> of electronic Pomona's. But I believe Jackie can create PDF's just by the
> push of the button. How about just sending it on a disk? Still an unscrupulous
> character could also copy it electronically and e/m out.

I'd have no problem giving it a try and make it known the program is subject
to cancellation with maybe six months notice. Having more members especially
foreign members might increase the number of articles. But I really doubt that
as most would be afraid of their authoring abilities in English.

Jerry

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.