[NAFEX] Membership

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 12:28:32 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/11/2008 7:24:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billg at inebraska.com writes:

> An organization has to look to the future or fade with the past. This
> certainly does *not* mean ignoring long-time or older members, the
> foundation of the group. It just means that times change and
> organizations must change with them. There must be a reason, after all,
> why NAFEX is HALF the size it used to be
.
Bill,

I've heard this argument about two other organizations I'm active in also.
Make the publication available on line or die. Tell me, how do we do it
profitably.

The Editor's position is a paid position and there are other small expenses.
If we sell advertising then we have additional management expenses. There is
much free information available from universities and the USDA that are tax
supported. How do we get tax $$$ to cover expenses?

The hand writing is on the wall. It's easy to tell us do or die. Tell us how
to do.

I went back and read some of your e/m's written last summer. Here are two
paragraphs gleaned from two of your messages:

Since I joined this list, I haven't missed having a local  source of
information. Most of the time, my questions are answered here almost before I finish
reading the rest of my emails! This is really a great group!

I must admit that I'm NOT a member of NAFEX, only of this email list. I keep
meaning to investigate, to see what membership entails and costs, but I don't
get around to it. It might help if that monthly reminder email gave us that
information.

So Bill, are you now a member? Have you send a donation to help with
expenses?

The same web site address where you found out about this chat net also has
membership information. Simply click on Membership and select to print the
membership form. Yes, you can pay by credit card which makes it easy as you
suggested. Here is a link to the form: http://nafex.org/form.htm

Jerry Lehman
Active 25 year member. Attended annual meetings for nearly 20 years.

Receive much more grower information by joining NAFEX. Receive the quarterly
publication POMONA with many short articles written from member experiences.
No where else can you get so much for so little. Membership is only $19.00
annually. WWW.NAFEX.org

The year's hottest artists on the red
carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.