[NAFEX] toilet ring gasket wax

Ray Kaminski r-jkaminski at att.net
Mon Feb 11 12:33:19 EST 2008

Lucky
   Please be careful in using the toilet ring gasket wax as a
sealant. I thought it was so nice and awful easy to use so I put on
10 whip and tongue grafts 2 years ago. I had zero take and the bark
above and below where the wax hit ended  turning black after a couple
of days. Normally on W&T grafts one obtains close to 100 % take but
something in the wax must be too powerful for the bark.  Maybe some
other ring waxes are made of different material but test it on a
tree  branch before you spend time grafting with it.  Ray