[NAFEX] grafting wax

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:34:55 EST 2008

At 06:54 AM 2/11/2008, Rob wrote:
>How about for cleft grafting on arm sized trunks?
>What do you all use?

Rob,
That would probably be an instance where I'd use Tanis' rubberized
electrician's splicing tape, and I might give the old wax toilet ring
gasket a try as a sealant.
I first tried one(the toilet gasket) at a grafting demonstration I
put on for the local Master Gardeners class last year - it's
relatively easy to work with, doesn't require heating, but it is
sticky, and might, like Karen's beeswax/rosin/linseed oil product, be
a bit easier to work with if you oiled your hands to keep it from
sticking to them.

Lucky