[NAFEX] anyone to check old apple orchard while it's still there?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Feb 10 15:20:15 EST 2008

I ran into an acquaintance at the grocery store last night, and he
mentioned that he was about to bulldoze the remains of an old apple
orchard; in order to plant apples he thought would do better.

I said that he might want to get the old trees checked first in case
there was something fascinating in there; he said that he didn't think
so, as none of them produced fruit he thought was any good; but he did
sound open to having somebody look. I encouraged him to join the NAFEX
list and post here, especially as he said he's interested in antique
apples and intended to plant some; but he said he's got limited
computer access and didn't want to do this, but gave me his contact
info and told me I could post the question.

So if anybody with old apple interests who's in this area wants to
check the site (I would be entirely incompetent at this, and have no
idea whether there's actually anything there worth the trouble), I can
put you in touch with him. The orchard is near Dundee, NY. You can
contact me off list at address in the header.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly