[NAFEX] grafting wax

Karen Tillou arboretum at homeorchardsociety.org
Sat Feb 9 21:00:59 EST 2008

i love trowbridge's grafting wax - you can melt it in your hands (but
coat your hands with oil first so it doesn't stick or you'll curse
yourself) or stick it in a can and use a torch or campstove to heat
it up to brushable consistency (my favorite way).  it smells great,
seals well, and doesn't crack.
isn't tree kote a petroleum based tar?  if it is, i'd steer clear.
if you can't find the trowbridge's wax, try Doc Farrell's grafting
seal - it's a bright yellow latex goo that degrades after a season or
so.
good luck!

karen (tillou)
oregon city, OR - zone 8a and wet