[NAFEX] grafting wax

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Feb 9 15:33:21 EST 2008

Personal preference, Doc Farwell's latex grafting compound.  Nontoxic,
it goes on easily with a stick or brush, can be diluted with water,
doesn't get brittle when dry, stretches as the graft grows and remains
in place for years at a time, giving you a bright yellow marker of the
graft union.  Down side, it has to be applied when temps are above 45 F
and needs a minimum of a half hour to dry before it can tolerate rain.
Don't ever let a jar of it freeze.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.