[NAFEX] E-mail programmes other than Outlook Express.

Robert Mullins mullins at gaelicmysts.com
Fri Feb 8 09:13:56 EST 2008

Dr.  Parmar,

Microsoft has several vulnerabilities and exploits.  This is not only
true with your MS Internet Explorer, and MS Outlook Express, but with MS
operating systems as well.  It's good that your grandson has clued you
in to Mozilla Firefox.  Pretty much all computer nerds (like myself)
prefer Firefox over ALL browsers.

I am such a Mozilla fan I use their email application as well.  Mozilla
Thunderbird.  You might want to get your grandson to configure it for
you, as it can be a bit of a learning curve if you are used to Outlook.

In addition, you could be experiencing other things that most Windows
users simply live with, and that is the fact that if your computer has
been in an 'always on' status it tends to generate memory leaks over
time.  These leaks can cause system instability and crashes.

Hopefully this helps.

-Robert C. Mullins
Technology Coordinator
Ozark Public Schools