[NAFEX] Dwarfing interstem on pear?

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Thu Feb 7 21:27:51 EST 2008

Thank you.  Very interesting article, but Joe, if I could grow Conference...
if I could grow Conference, I think I'd have to say, "Gee Toto, I don't
think we're in Tennessee anymore."  (A very timely statement in light of the
recent tornadoes.)  If I could grow Conference I can't think of anything I'd
want to top it with.  I can't even buy Conference pears at the grocery here,
much less grow them.
    Ed,  if there is any chance of the interstem affecting how soon the top
scion crops, I'd better use Maxine rather than the notoriously slow Magness,
which is exactly what I was planning to do!  Thank you for that comment!
Donna