[NAFEX] E-mail programmes other than Outlook Express.

R F Hollaus hollaus at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 04:27:17 EST 2008

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar,
Although this idea might be not for everyone..

I've ran Windows 98 for years on a computer 10 years old and since
the last 5 years I have opted to un-install antivirus software and
many other things while making sure my router is always installed
between me and the internet. Anything can still happen but I can
always tell when things are slowing down and so every couple weeks,
and before all heck breaks loose I have so far for 5 years always
managed to convert new data to another partition on the same hard
drive in a winzip archive. This way from partition to partition other
programs can't hitch-hike along and you can always find them on the
fly by searching them by the file extension [*.zip]. So about then I
start relying on a floppy disk boot containing imageware where I look
to this secondary partition for an imageware backup dated file, and
later my data zip file once my operating system is restored. I feel
better about this method because there's just no way they can write
viruses to get around that plus I don't like the idea of choosing who
to lend control of your computer to.

FYI, I still use ms-IE6 and ms-outlook express and have no affiliation
or care about Misrosoft.

R.F. Hollaus

From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd at dataone.in>

Dear all,

I do not knew why, but my PC crashes once in 10-15 months and I loose a lot of data and have to spend almost a week for reorganizing the documents/pictures again.  It is due to computer viruses which I get from net.  Last week it was a virus named Infostealer.  The system just stopped connecting to net.  It also slowed down very much.  So ultimately I had to reformat the hard disk and load software and data again.

I use Norton Antivirus and keep it UPDATE.  I have a broadband internet connection.

Can some of you tell me why does it happen so with me?

My 19 years old grandson, who is a computer buff like most teenagers says that the culprit is Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.  He says that these software are highly vulnerable to viruses.  He says that I must start using new programmes.

Now he has changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox.  But the Outlook Express is still there.

What are your comments.  If the boy is right, which software should I use for e-mail.

I have a gmail account but I DO NOT find it as convenient as outlook express.  So I do not prefer to use it.  Then, one has to stay "ONLINE" for it.

Kindly suggest me some alternative e-mail programme.

Chiranjit Parmar
India