[NAFEX] soil tester

ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN hartmansfruit at msn.com
Wed Feb 6 12:34:36 EST 2008

I have been reading all these messages slamming the pH testers.  I use a pH tester (and I didn't buy the cheapest one on the shelf).  It has tested differently in different soil conditions.  I treat it like I would any other home testing device (bathroom scales, blood pressure device, etc.).  It is just an indicator.  Another thing you have to keep in mind is that you don't just grab it and stick it in the soil medium.  You have to make sure it has a good moisture consistency and that the prongs have been cleaned properly.  The prongs will get a build up on them that will cause the reading to not be correct.

Bob