[NAFEX] Climate Range of Pink Lady

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:33:21 EST 2008

Alan, they seem to just squeeze under the wire here in the mid-
atlantic so I would put them in the south wall espalier category for
you.  This is based on local trees I have seen in early November (just
pickable and requiring several months of cold storage).  My own Pink
Lady has not fruited yet.

I am no expert on apple harvest timing; it could be the variety
tolerates an unusually early harvest, or you can let it hang well into
winter, and for one of these reasons it could work up there without
need for the south wall treatment.

Scott