[NAFEX] Climate Range of Pink Lady

Doreen Howard gardendiva at charter.net
Sat Feb 2 21:00:14 EST 2008

About four years ago, I wrote a series of articles on new apple varieties and interviewed a number apple breeders and experts.  Below is what I learned about Pink Lady.  Hope the info helps you.
Doreen Howard
Pink Lady was bred in New Zealand.  It only needs 400 chill hours to set fruit and flourishes on the Pacific Coast, in the Mid-Atlantic and the Deep South.  Good for hot climates, large pink fruit with sweet-tart flavor, very crisp.  Does not require a pollinator.  Zones 6-9.

This information came from the late Tom Vorbeck and Dr. Rob Crassweller, professor of tree fruit at Pennsylvania State University.