[NAFEX] squirrels, again

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Fri Feb 1 12:38:09 EST 2008

> I thought I would post something that I tried so that someone else
> would NOT try it.

Heh, heh. Thanks for that! I'd rather have squirrels than skunks!

I've tried blood meal to keep rabbits away, and it didn't bother them in
the slightest. One time, shortly after I'd applied a fresh layer of
blood meal, I went outside to find a rabbit sitting right in the middle
of it - right on top of the blood!

I did have a problem with squirrels digging up my bean seeds last spring
(they didn't seem to be eating the beans, or not all of them, but they
were definitely digging them up), so I just covered the row with a strip
of chickenwire (lying flat on the ground), until the beans had sprouted.
That seemed to work just fine, since they couldn't dig through it. Once
the beans were growing, there was no problem, even after I removed the
barrier.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
There have been no dirtier wars than religious wars, no bitterer hates
than religious hates, no fiendish cruelty like religious cruelty; no