[NAFEX] the furry and feathered palate

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 17:05:46 EST 2008

"Anton,
Your proposition presumes that other animals favor the flavors that we do.
Based on what I see some of them eat, I don't think that is true - your last
sentence alludes to that.
Happy New Year to you.
Jim"

Actually the wildlife at my place tend to favor my favorites, or at least
the sweetest fruit available.   Bitter is generally not a popular flavor by
any of my mammal competitors.  The squirrels always seem to go for the
biggest and sweetest peaches as do the coons- same for apples and plums.
The birds certainly favor my sweet cherries over the sour ones.

Interestingly, until this year the wildlife never showed any interest in my
paw paws, even though they are sweet, quite good and low acid which most
like.  I guess they just didn't know what they were until a possum figured
it out this round.  Hunger probably encourages experimentation.