[NAFEX] Hypothesis needed

dwoodard at becon.org dwoodard at becon.org
Tue Dec 30 14:07:37 EST 2008

My guess would be genetic variation in a wild species.

While I suspect it's not your problem, the European species looks very
similar, likes similar habitat, and is foul-tasting. One species has
club-shaped glands on the leaf stems; the other glands shaped like saucers
or shallow cups; I forget which is which, but the textbooks should tell
you. People with good eyesight can distinguish them with the naked eye,
otherwise you may need a magnifying glass. You might want to check when
the leaves are out and see if there is any difference in these leaf stem
glands.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada