[NAFEX] heirloom peach source

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Dec 23 18:49:29 EST 2008

Kelly, there is no good source unfortunately.  Bay Laurel sells a few
propagated by Dave Wilson Nursery, for instance Indian Cling and Free
and Heath Cling (but, I believe you need to special order the last one
by November).  Trees of Antiquity also sells several.  Vintage
Virginia Apples has recently started carrying a nice collection.  It
is not clear if their Oldmixon Free is the original one or not, there
have been conflicting reports; I have that variety from them but it
has not fruited yet.  I have had to graft many of mine from various
sources, including the ARS.  That is where I got Salwey for example.
If you know how to graft peaches (they are hard to graft), I can send
you scions this spring.

Scott