[NAFEX] peach hardiness

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Thu Dec 18 11:35:48 EST 2008

Was wondering if I should be concerned about the last cold snap we received.
The peaches I have planted are supposed to be good down to -10F or -15F.  It
didn't get near that cold, but I'm a little concerned about the sudden drop
we experienced, this early in the winter.  This last Sunday we were at
almost 60F in the morning.  Within a couple hours we were at about 30F, and
by Monday morning we were at 3F.  I'm wondering if the extreme drop could
have frozen the flowing sap.

The peaches lost their last leaves a couple weeks ago.  Also a little
worried about blackberries.  Anyone have any opinions?

Mark
KS