[NAFEX] aronia yield and propagation

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 10:05:43 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 7:10:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kbrubaker at nc.rr.com writes:

> We don't get nearly the yields that I've read are possible from cultivated
> aronia bushes.  We usually get 2-3 lbs per bush and the bushes are 3-6 years
> old.  I have read that they are able to produce up to 20lbs under ideal
> conditions.  Has anyone achieved something along these lines?

I have two Aronia bushed from Hidden Springs Nursery about 10 years old. They
bear heavy crops every year. About three years back I picked over 5 gallon
for a winery. Didn't weigh the berries.

I do eat a few hands full fresh from the bush. I spit out the pulp, swallow
the juice. But I wouldn't set down to a bowel full!

Jerry

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail,
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&
icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)