[NAFEX] pawpaw grafts

Martha L. Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 19:24:28 EST 2008

Allen,
 When I grafted Pawpaw in Illinois I had no trouble with grafts.  Dormant scion wood and the outdoor tree just breaking dormancy as others have said.

 I can't remember where you live, but if it is at all dry I recommend wrapping the graft and the whole scion in parafilm or budding tape.  When I moved to New Mexico and had really low take rates on things that I had high take rates in Illinois until I started doing that.  I haven't tried the pawpaw here, but that is what I would do it had made a considerable improvement in the rate of takes of more or less everything here.

Martha