[NAFEX] russet apple varieties

Eddie Earles jas39a at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 19:36:49 EST 2008

Hudson's Golden Gem has excellent eating qualities, and makes a large apple.
Unfortunately, it is also susceptible to every apple disease that comes down
the pike, and it doesn't yield very well (I typically get 6 to 10 apples per
year off my tree).  I don't recommend it for planting east of the Rockies.

Eddie Earles