[NAFEX] Apple pressing

D Stubbs dsmndel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 09:59:15 EST 2008

I am trying to picture 'divider boards'  with a basket, are these crosslaid
maple strips (like are used for stacked pressing) but cut in a circle to fit
inside your basket?
If so do you do only use an outer sack - or individual cheeses each with
cloth inside the basket?
I am glad to hear a screw press can  get pomace so dry!
I have a large acme screw and a 14" dia. thick wall plastic pipe I salvaged
that I am thinking of making into a screw press for smaller batches, or for
grapes. Figure I'll just drill a jillion holes in the pipe.
Del