[NAFEX] Regarding Haskups

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 03:07:23 EST 2008

Glenn,

Here in western PA with mostly zone 6 winters in the past decade, I have found that I get better results with the varieties that bloom later.  I guess I have about 8 different vars of honeyberries.  The early blooming ones do not produce much fruit due to lack of pollinators or perhaps late frosts, but I really think it is due to lack of pollinators.  Blue Moon, Blue Velvet, Blue Forest and Blue Pacific are my most reliable producers.  However, this is precisely opposite of what One Green world recommends in their catalog for people located in the east.

John