[NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Dec 7 00:04:54 EST 2008

> Personally, I think we (NAFEXers) who garden and plant so extensively
> should qualify for automatic carbon offsets. I’ve planted (and tend)
> 30+ trees in my little yard, I can’t imagine between that and all the
> other gardening I do that I would still have a positive carbon footprint.

I don't know. If people weren't around, most of our yards would still be
filled with trees, or at least vegetation, wouldn't they? So I can't
really see how we're offsetting anything. To have a positive carbon
footprint, that would require a net gain from us not existing at all,
wouldn't it? Not just better than other people with astroturf and
plastic flowers?

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, and it's no big deal, anyway. It just
struck me as odd.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
George Bush is behaving like a furious defaulter whose home is about to
be repossessed. Smashing the porcelain, ripping the doors off their