[NAFEX] Apple pressing

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Sat Dec 6 18:11:45 EST 2008

Mark,
In the beginning, the grinder was as shown on picture #5, with the whopper
directly over the main body of the grinder. However with this design,
apples often got stucked and I had to push them through, which wasn't
exactly handy.

A couple of years ago, I added an intermediate part between the main body
and the whopper to try to solve this. You can see it on picture #8. I tried
to improve the smoothness so the apples would fall more easily. I added
this green rubber tong with this intent. Another nice thing is that when
apples get stucked, I can gently lift this intermediate part (with the
green tong), approximately 1/2 inch, and push it down - this usually takes
care of stucked pieces of apples.
The rotor turns clockwise in picture #8. The smallest gap which controls
the size of the apples chips is at 5 o'clock on the picture.
Claude