[NAFEX] LED vs. CFL info

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sat Dec 6 12:11:13 EST 2008

This comes from a friend who is testing LED's:

I've been testing as well over the last year. I installed the first bulb, a
25w equivalent, as a bedside lamp and had to remove it as it put out a nasty
RF buzz that made the clock radio unuseable. And it was too dim to read by.
The second was a 40w equivalent but also too dim. That's why I'm buying one
ELED Fresnel for the theatre just as a test. They cost $900.00 apiece
compared to $116.95 for an Altman Fresnel, but over 15 years, the savings is
breathtaking. As I told the GLAPA Board:

"Mathematically, then, this same fixture, over the same 15 years, uses
$157.50 worth of electricity compared to the current $2100.00. And it uses
$0 worth of replacement bulbs compared to the current $2400.00. What does it
cost? $900.00. SO: Over a 15-year life expectancy, an ELED Fresnel costs
$1057.50 compared to our current expenditure of $4616.95."

C. J. Anderson

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups + Christmas Gift Baskets
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]