[NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Sat Dec 6 09:47:53 EST 2008

 I have a friend who's had CFL's and round fluorescent bulbs in her house
for years, and I hate them.  They aren't too bad when new, but even then
it's an unpleasant light.  They seem to spend years in their dotage, still
giving light but of increasing dimness and the flicker ever more obvious.
    I would jump at LED's except for they are $40 each!!!  Well, I'll have
to be looking into this anyway, because we've just bought a solar kit for
our property where we would really like to have just a little bit of light
and music, and a fan in the summer.  Mostly we use battery powered
headlamps, light where you want it wherever you go.     Donna