[NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift

S & E Hills ehills7408 at wowway.com
Sat Dec 6 09:09:11 EST 2008

I find that in cooler situations (front porch, basement) that the CFL bulbs
are dim, though they eventually brighten up (though not in the time I am
wanting to get what I am trying to get done
.it would be silly for me to go
over and turn on the basement light 5 minutes before I go down to find a
tool from my workstation).

CFL’s also have that problem with disposal, once they make that easier I’ll
be happier with them.  (though I have already switched over more than ½ of
my bulbs (I started when the CFL’s first came out).

I bought 3 LED bulbs for a fixture in my bedroom, but the bulbs in there
haven’t burned out so I have not yet changed them over.

Personally, I think we (NAFEXers) who garden and plant so extensively should
qualify for automatic carbon offsets.  I’ve planted (and tend) 30+ trees in
my little yard,  I can’t imagine between that and all the other gardening I
do that I would still have a positive carbon footprint.

Scott Hills

Zone 6b Michigan