[NAFEX] pomace

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Fri Dec 5 22:28:44 EST 2008

It would be interesting to weigh the apple pulp, before and after pressing.
If somebody already mentioned this, I apologize.
Benadryl haze.

I could take a 1/4" thick, 1" square slab of a 'typical' apple.
Weigh it.
Place a 10 lb. weight on it, shake the juice off, and weigh it again. (this was 10 psi pressure)
Increase to 20 lb.weigh, 40lb, , etc, until the juice / pressure ratio curve flattens out.

What is the 'reasonable economical' pressure / time to recover (most of) the juice?

Like Mark, I am looking at building a press, the basket being Perforated Stainless steel.

Thoughts?

Murph