[NAFEX] Apple press pumace

D Stubbs dsmndel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 22:27:51 EST 2008

I use 3 or 4 cheeses stacked up when I press in our home made press ( I used
a old 20 ton hydraulic jack) and each goes from about 3" down to 1/2 or 3/4"
, much like Bob Capshew's post said, They're dry as pizza dough, so it's a
ratio of about 5 or 6 to one with this method, using fine ground  apples.
It doesn't extend far enough to make it all in one set, so I just add a
round of hardwood to  do the second setting.
I 'm considering Harbor freight's $60 long shaft jacks, but they are only 8
ton, no idea if that is enough.
Del