[NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Dec 5 13:01:52 EST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Amlie & Hayas wrote:

> Have you tried these?  Trying to read with "regular" LED lights as
> illumination gives me a splitting headache in short order.  Are these
> different?

Standard fluorescents make me feel like it's three in the morning and I
ought to be in bed. Too much time under them puts me in a terrible mood
and can bring on headaches.

"Daylight" fluorescents are a lot better -- at least some of them are,
I haven't tried them all; but did find some I can use at home. I
haven't tried LED's except in a flashlight, which is a different
situation and doesn't let me judge whether I could stand them for
general lighting.

People's reactions to types of light vary drastically. Giving these as
gifts is a good idea; but unless you already know the tolerance of the
particular people I'd give one or two bulbs per household, with a note
suggesting they try them and let you know whether they'd like to have
more. Or, if there are various types, you could make up a gift box with
one or two bulbs each of each type.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly