[NAFEX] Fruit Berry and Nut Inventory

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:47:15 EST 2008

When I endorsed "Fruit Berry and Nut Inventory" I was speaking of its
usefulness as a source for nursery sources.  It's OK for fruit descriptions
and I think it only occasionally gets cultivar descriptions from the
sellers- like when it is an exclusive or near exclusive source.  I believe
some of the heirloom apple descriptions come from Beach's "Apples of NY"
which has to be as good a source as any for cultivar descriptions.
Describing the quality of fruit cultivars can never be definitive- the only
way to know how a tree will do on your location is to grow it there for a
decade or two.