[NAFEX] London/England Fruit

Martha L. Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 13:43:17 EST 2008

In addition to the Brogdale suggestion which I have not manage to get to, Wisley near Gatwick has a lot of interesting examples of espalier Figs, Ribes, Kiwi, full sized cherries etc.  March is a good time to look at training and espalier because the leaves are not out yet.  The Henry Doubleday Gardens English equivalent of Rhodale are nice with a more organic permaculture type direction it has fruit cages and areas with berries and chickens if I remember correctly it is about an hour or so North of London, RoughGarden manor grounds near Oxford is nice for a kitchen garden example it has espalier peaches, figs apples.

Martha