[NAFEX] lemon juice substitute - Rumex spp.

V. Michael Bove Jr. vmb at teakettlefarm.com
Thu Dec 4 12:49:51 EST 2008

I'd suspect that something that was only 1/4 poncirus wouldn't work
north of zone 7 or 8; the half-changsha citrandarins we tested here
weren't reliably hardy below 10F even when we protected them with
burlap and put them in a relatively sheltered place.

(So we still make our whiskey sours here with poncirus juice -- which
is better than it sounds if you use a lot of sugar and dilute the
juice about 4:1).

Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)