[NAFEX] Quince flavor

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Dec 3 14:35:48 EST 2008

Grocery store quince, like apples, are usually picked when immature,
before the full flavor develops.  Which is unnecessary because fully
ripe quince will stand handling, if done right.  And a fully ripe
quince has lots of aroma and flavor when cooked.  My personal favorite
way to use them is to bake them.  The flavor comes through better than
with stewing.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :