[NAFEX] Nittany apple

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Tue Dec 2 12:16:31 EST 2008

A co-worker recently brought a couple of Nittany and Mountaineer
apples in for a 'taste test' at morning break - she'd purchased them
at a whole foods store in Nashville. I'm not sure where these were grown.
Nittany was well-received by all who sampled it, and got the nod,
unanimously, over Mountaineer.  Mountaineer was OK, but less
flavorful, with low acid content.  Both were nice, crisp-fleshed fruits.

Lucky