[NAFEX] making jam from frozen fruit

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Sat Aug 30 22:43:17 EDT 2008

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardDiane wrote"
"with 9 gallons of red currants frozen to await jelly making in December instead of July"

I've wondered about this, is jam from frozen frozen fruit and less tasty than jam from fresh fruit (assuming both are home grown)?  Like Diane, we have more time in the winter months, and it's easier on the utility bills, to can in the winter.  Obviously, for fresh eating, fresh fruit is much tastier than fruit that's been frozen and thawed, but does it work the same for fruit used for jams?