[NAFEX] Pomona pectin thought

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Sat Aug 30 19:45:28 EDT 2008

I presume you are referring to an initial dissolving of low-methoxyl
pectin in water for rapid and even dispersal in the fruit. From
experience, hard water won't work.

Distilled water can be used for this. In the past for small batches I
used water condensed from the inside of a pot lid.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada