[NAFEX] Vole (Meadow mouse) problems

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 09:34:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/30/2008 7:29:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sue at hoodel.com
writes:

> What on earth did people do about voles historically when they
> required much larger gardens for self sustenance? What do you all do
> to protect your investments in plants and time from these pests?

Hi Sue,

Here in Central Indiana voles do exist, but aren't a problem to worry about.
We do have a high Red Tailed Hawk population and suspect they help hold the
vole population down. I see the hawks set on fence posts, etc. very often and
often see them swoop down apprearenly catching something. Mice, voles & snakes?

Jerry

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
travel deal here.