[NAFEX] Two Questions

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 22:21:40 EDT 2008

As to telling when an Asian Pear is ready to pick, others may have a better method but I usually press slightly on the area of the shoulder near the stem and if it 'gives' a little it is ready to pick.

Prune plums are just prunes that are being sold for the fresh market. Prunes tend to have high sugar content and are somewhat drier than standard plums. Common cultivars are Italian/Fellenberg, German, French/Agen, Stanley and President.

Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard
www.oakcreekorchard.com