[NAFEX] Elephant Heart plum question

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Aug 15 01:04:12 EDT 2008

Elephant Heart suffers from pitch pockets.  It's an inherited
physiological disorder.  The flesh grows at uneven rates in certain
conditions, creating cracks that fill up with callus and pitch.  Heart
shaped varieties are especially prone to it.  Redheart plum has
similar  flavor and  quality to Elephant Heart, but because it's round
it almost never gets pitch pockets.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :