[NAFEX] story of possible interest

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Tue Aug 12 17:02:39 EDT 2008

At 09:11 PM 8/11/2008, you wrote:
>I think cat's can be more sensitive than other mammals.  When I was a kid,
>we dipped some cats in the dog dip and they acted drunk, probably because
>the insecticide affected the nervous system.  We currently have some dog
>pour-on insecticide that warns, most emphatically, not to use on cats.

Cats are not small dogs.  There are, indeed some insecticides that
you might be able to use on dogs with no adverse effects, that could
sicken or even kill cats.  Always read the label.

Louis L. "Lucky" Pittman, Jr., DVM
Veterinary Pathologist/ Dept. Chairman
Murray St. Univ.-Breathitt Veterinary Ctr.
Hopkinsville, KY