[NAFEX] Seeking Orchard Planning Resources

David Doud doudone at netusa1.net
Mon Aug 11 13:10:29 EDT 2008

apple trees require a certain volume of space to be 'happy' - they
will naturally occupy that volume in differing configurations if
allowed their natural form - (some are upright, some spread, some
droop) - so, yes, you can train (one component of training is
pruning) a semi-dwarf tree to a low form and keep it 'happy' and
productive - the down side is that it's more work to achieve this form -

give yourself plenty of room for each tree and life and training will
be a lot easier -